Hurray! chocri won a prestigious award from a German magazine called Wirtschaftswoche with the concept of [personalized chocolate bars](http://www.createmychocolate.com]. More than 100 startups had applied. In the final round 5 companies had the chance to present their business plan to a jury full of representatives of important German and international agencies and consultancies:
- Christine Stimpel, Managing Director Germany of Heidrick & Struggles
- Julia Derndinger, President of Entrepreneurs' Organization Berlin
- Karen Heumann, Member of the Executive Board, Jung von Matt (Advertising Agency)
- Florian Schweitzer, BrainsToVentures (Investor Network)
- Christoph v. Einem, Partner at White & Case
We are very proud to have won this award for the work that has been already done in Europe. We also think that chocri received this award for the potential - with the concept of mass customization in general, but also with the expansion to the US, which was presented to the jury as well.
We are confident that we can live up to the expectations. That especially now that we've won the award. It comes with consulting services from the firms mentioned above, at a value of EUR 300,000. We say: Thank you!
In the picture below (from the award ceremony) from left to right: Franz (founder), Tobi (former intern), Carmen (me), Nadine (Micha's fiancee) and Micha (founder). What a night!
For the article by the Wirtschaftswoche Magazine (albeit in German) see here: "Chocri hat den Zeitgeist getroffen" by Wirtschaftswoche, Sept 2009